Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SEASON 6 GALORE. PLUS, SPOILS?



NEWS OF IMPORT : what we've found out about S6 so far!


1) MISHA CONFIRMED AS S6 SERIES REGULAR!

I am so happy about this! Even though SPN will always be about the bros, I can't really imagine our Beloved Show without Castiel, especially without Misha.


2) JIM ALSO CONFIRMED FOR S6 !

Although I'm not sure if he'll be a regular, but he should be! Seriously, he's been on Supernatural longer than Misha so should be naturally.






3) SUPERNATURAL THURSDAYS ARE NOW SUPERNATURAL FRIDAYS

WOOOTTT! THIS MAKES FANS OUT OF THE STATES VERY HAPPEEHH. It's now possible for us to be able to catch the livestream because that means we gets it on Saturday morning. Saturday = no school/work day. Since I've never done the stream I'm not sure what's a good source to get it but when I figure it out I'll let y'all know. Still going to be providing the DL links as well in the episode reviews like usual.


4) JENSEN BEHIND THE CAMERA

There have been rumblings in the past about Jensen directing an episode, and in this 6th season he will! This is the translations by an SPN fan of what he says in an interview with a Brazilian magazine about it :

MAGAZINE : You spoke like a real director. Have you ever thought about putting this into action?

JENSEN : Funny you ask. I haven’t mentioned this to anyone yet, but I was offered the direction for one of the next season episodes. You can’t imagine how excited I am.

MAGAZINE : Can you say the number of the episode or something about the script?

JENSEN : I don’t know yet. They just told me: “you deserve!” I didn’t ask for it, which made the whole thing even better. There wasn’t a negotiation, no agents; it was recognition from the crew to my interesting and ideas. They notice because of my active participation on the scenes, sometimes, even helping to direct when we were given the opportunity. If one of the directors asked me what we would like to do, I’d always suggest something related to positioning, camera’s angle and movements to have intensity on the scenes. That helps to give more speed to the whole process and it works. When I got the invitation, I felt awkward and really surprised! A lot of people want to direct on Supernatural.

MAGAZINE : Did you discover this desire on Supernatural or you thought about directing before the show?

JENSEN : It was during the show. I didn’t have that desire before.

MAGAZINE : Beyond the suggestions, this new perception also affects your acting stile, doesn't it?

JENSEN : Very much, because my interesting was beyond the behind the scenes and it got me confidence to pay attention on the other artistic aspects around me, the lighting or the cameras. Now, I read the scripts in a different way, beyond the simple preparation and starting to think about how my actions could improve the scene. Like, if the script says is going to be a movement conversation inside a motel room, I know that I won’t have a lot of space to move, because the camera would be steady, so, if my action is going to be limited to a small area or a table, whatever, I need to be prepared for that reality. It’s the camera and the acting working together.

MAGAZINE : That situation starts some kind of “familiar” competition, like, Jared is going to direct as well?

JENSEN : (laughs) No. Especially because it’s not something he’s interesting in as much as I am. He respects the things I like and got really excited by the news. When I told him, he said: “That’s awesome, man! You deserve. It’s going to be great!” During the last five years, he’s the person I spent more time with, so we know each other really well.


OMG, I'm excited for him! He does really deserve this chance. He's been loyal to the show, done a great job with being Dean and it shows that he takes his work seriously. Can't wait to see the episode directed by him!


5) DEAN WILL BE LIKE THAT DUDE IN THE HURT LOCKER

MAGAZINE : How come? By the way, how is possible to continue after getting the Apocalypse done?

JENSEN : For the creative aspect, we need to understand we just got over a gigantic climax and we’re getting into an unknown territory. The Apocalypse was avoided. That’s why we getting forward a few years and see where the Winchesters are and how it’s their lives. I can’t help but think of the final scene of “The Hurt Locker” (2009 Oscar winner), when the main character sees himself in front of a shelf with several cereal boxes and doesn’t know what to do. The guy disarms bombs in Iraq, but gets lost on the supermarket! That is not his reality, just like not being a hunter looks like a different world to Dean. All his life was dedicated to one single task, almost like a voluntary slavery, now it’s time to face the monster of real world. That’s totally new to me, through the acting perspective, and I’ll explore a lot more of Dean’s life, that’s why I’m so excited. A kind of introspective tension, like inside monsters.


Before you guys have a heart attack about this time jump, I'm telling you that this part of the interview is still in question. Some sources say that Jensen was actually asked what he would like to see happen in S6, not what is going to happen.

Either way, I think it's going to have a bit of that in it anyways if THIS is going to be what happens. Dean will totally be struggling with his new normal life.













hey September why don't we hangout together,

Super and Natural **MissTee